Friday, November 15, 2013

In The Waiting Part III: At His Feet

If you could have a major in high school, mine was music. In middle school I moved from metro city to small agriculture town kicking and screaming. What my family was surprised to discover was a gem of a town who esteemed fine arts and home to a legendary choral program. I relish the music we created, friendships formed , and memories created within those vaulted ceiling, white cinder block walls. The angst of beating hearts on sight reading and solo days and late night backstage rehearsals for our annual musical will be forever etched in our hearts and minds. Music was what my high school years were built around. Although God has me using my other gifts currently, music is still very near and dear to my heart. Music has been so instrumental in my comfort and healing in this season of grief.

I should not be surprised that He repeatedly is using music to teach and impart what he keeps speaking to my soul the last two weeks: waiting; finding redemption in the waiting; finding true freedom in complete surrender in the waiting. Continually reminding me to bare it all and lay everything at His feet. (I lose count of how many times a day I try and pick up the burdens back up again. )That's my God, that's how he works and his fingerprints emerge in our lives. He is whispering to me, "I see you, I'm here, I haven't forsaken you,". Matthew 6 continues to surface again and again:

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life....What I’m trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God’s giving. People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.
 “Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.

 Beloved, know you can "never fall too far" away from the Father's arms. Complete surrender is found when we "lift our life up". Claiming redemption, surrender, and peace in your waiting!

Who You Are by Unspoken
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_N6sn1LLX8

Lift My Life Up by Unspoken:
Behind the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT0Z9MzpbZI

Song and lyrics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj05-J9z4TY&list=PL8305D3447CD97386

No comments:

Post a Comment